WHAT IS SKIN NEEDLING?
Our levels of collagen and elastin diminish as we age which eventually leads to sagging and hollows in the skin. Your skin has a self-rejuvenating function that is capable of significantly repairing the reduction of collagen and elastin. Our skin also has a great function in reducing blemishes caused by acne, trauma, pigmentation and a range of other ailments. The Skin Pen is a preferred device as it is able to enhance the process of collagen induction.
Skin needling consists of multiple fine needles that vertically enter the skin with an automatic vibrating spring function. The Skin Pen creates controlled micro wounds that enable the ingredients that we infuse to penetrate up to 300% deeper into your skin. The benefit of adjustable needle depths with Skin Pen allows for a treatment tailored to your individual needs.
As your skin heals, it produces collagen which forms a new layer of fresh tissue, creating a more youthful appearance on the surface and fighting antibodies beneath.
WHAT DOES SKIN NEEDLING TREAT?
• Fine Lines & Wrinkles
• Collagen Induction Therapy
• Aged skin
• Skin Laxity
• Skin Tightening & Rejuvenation
• Large Pores
• Scars (acne, surgical, and burns)
• Stretch Marks
• Keloid scars
• Allergies to Penicillin
• Photosensitive medications (Example: Accuntane. Please check with your therapist before booking)
IS IT PAINFUL?
Skin needling with the Skin Penhas minimal discomfort. Skin Pen causes less discomfort and downtime when compared to a skin roller device making it the more desirable treatment. Numbing Cream can also be applied
ARE THERE ANY RISKS INVOLVED?
Skin Needling is a safe procedure with minimal risks. Scarring and infections are extremely rare.
PRE & POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
• Avoid excessive exercising and sweating before and after your treatment.
• Avoid saunas, hot baths, or spas for 48 hours before and after your treatment.
• Avoid solariums and spray tans for 14 days before and after your treatment.
• Avoid direct sun exposure for 14 days after treatment and use an SPF 50+ daily.
• Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools for 7 days post treatment.
• Avoid IPL, microdermabrasions, lasers, and chemical peels for 2 to 4 weeks after treatment.
• Avoid Make Up Application for up to 3 days post treatment.
• Avoid the use of active ingredients, exfoliants and scrubs on the skin for 7 days post treatment
• Avoid picking and peeling any flakes. Avoid scratching the skin.
• Apply the aftercare given by our team or a hydrating moisturiser as needed post treatment.
WHAT WILL MY SKIN LOOK LIKE AFTER THE TREATMENT?
Immediately post treatment the skin will appear red and will feel sunburnt. The redness can last anywhere from 24-48hrs depending on the depth of treatment. Day 3-5 you can experience a tight, dry sensation with potential mild to moderate flaking. If your therapist upgrades your treatment with a Environ peel add-on you will expect moderate flaking on days 3-5. Mild breakouts can also be experienced due to the stimulation of the treatment.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I HAVE THIS TREATMENT?
It is recommended to perform skin needling treatments every 4-6 weeks for maximum results. Please note we will not perform Skin Needling if it has been less than 28 days.
Full Face – $350.00
Full Face & Neck – $380.00
Full Face, Neck & Décolletage- $450.00
Larger Area – Starting from $400.00
Numbing Cream Application
Numbing Cream – Face $30.00
Numbing Cream – Large Area $45.00